2012… I can’t say it was an exceptional year with exceptional events. I try to make every year special and so when everything is special it all becomes common…I guess.
Anyway, here is my review of my own personal 2012.
Originally I once said I want to try to do something every single day of my life that I haven’t done before. This is obviously difficult…even with tiny things…but I got a few things on the list that were this year’s “firsts”:
- Stood on stage alone with a guitar in front of an audience to perform music. I have stood on the stage before…but either speaking or performing music with a full band. This was the first time all alone
- Went to a cocktail making class
- Did Abseiling
- played my first table tennis tournament (got eliminated in the first round, but hey…)
- Used a PowerPlate for the first time
- watched my first ever Super Bowl on TV
- played my first poker cash game with a PokerStars Team Pro (Lex Veldhuis). I have played with Team Pros in tourneys already but never in a cash game
- First proper Spa experience (at Tropicana Las Vegas with Steam Room, Chill-Out area with waterfalls, free juice, Swedish Massage)
- First $2/$5 cash game session (aaaaand it was successful :D)
- Used an Oxygen Bar for the first time (didn’t really do anything)
- Went to a Star Trek Convention
- Spent some time in a Caesar’s Total Rewards Diamond Lounge at Paris casino in Vegas
- Had a Kangaroo burger (I think I had kangaroo before…but I am not sure though)
- lifted weights on barbells
- Bowling – at a company bowling event I won the award for “Best Female” (and it was on my 33rd birthday)
- Age – turned 33 (who knew I would get that far ;))
- Poker – made the final table at the Irish Poker Open €330 Side Event (finished 7th)
- Poker – made the final table at the EPT Berlin Side €330 Side Event (finished 3rd)
- Poker – made the final table at one of the Binion’s Classics Events (finished 4th) — all in all I had my best live poker year ever!
- Bejeweled Blitz – achieved a personal record of a 1,045,200 score 😉
- 2000 Facebook Friends
- 100 Twitter Followers
- won prize for best Halloween outfit at the company party
Only one proper Adventure. Need to improve in this area next year. 😉
- went to Vegas for a month in the attempt to live the life of a poker pro for 28 days
- Joined CrossFit
- Runkeeper class “o to 5k” more or less successful – so I jogged 5km in one go after 7 weeks but when I was actually to do it in week 8 my calf injury prevented me from finishing it.
- took a singing lesson
- discovered that I am good at Beer Pong
- changed my hair from blonde to red to brown over the year
- lost almost 8 kilos, gained 6 back, lost 4 again
- started learning Ukulele
This section is about people of interest (at least for me) that I met and shows, concerts etc. that I saw.
- met Team PokerStars Pro Lex Velduis in IOM
- saw a show of comedian Dara O’Briain in IOM
- met legend Boris Becker in IOM
- met racer Guy Martin (who acted like an absolute prick) in IOM
- met my little baby brother
- met poker pro Shaun Deeb (who taught me Open-face Chinese Poker) in IOM
- met racer Conor Cummins in IOM
- saw a show of the magician Criss Angel in Vegas (it was shit)
- saw another show of Steel Panther in Vegas
- saw the start of the poker tournament with the biggest buy-in in history: the $1,000,000 One Drop in Vegas
- saw another show of my favourite German band Die Ärzte in Germany
- met poker pro Gavin Smith at the tables in Vegas
- saw a Thunder from Downunder show in Vegas
- met at that point still reigning World Champion of poker Pius Heinz in Berlin
- saw a show of the cabaret group Fascinating AIDA in IOM
- saw a concert of Frank Turner and met him afterwards in IOM
I registered this domain: niceandsunny.com – big things will happen here! 😉
This year started and will finish in Germany.
The Isle of Man is now officially my home for the longest time in 8 years. I had spent 5 years in the German city Hildesheim and left it in February 2004. Every other place since then was only my home for 1 or 2 years. This little island is now home for almost 3 years.
I will continue to try and see and do a lot of things in life that I have never seen or done before. Because this is what life is about! And don’t worry. I ill make sure to tell you about everything I do! 😉
Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
See you all in 2013 (if the world won’t end tomorrow)!